Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Limerick Contest




The Richmond Times-Dispatch Newspaper in conjunction with Dominion Virginia Power and Borders is sponsoring a Limerick contest. The contest provides 7 words, from which you must choose 2 of the words to write your limerick. You get bonus points for using more of the words. A limerick is a 5-line humorous poem with an AABBA rhyme scheme. This particular limerick contest has chosen the following words: retinue, agile, brackish, garrulous, idyllic, clamber, and patina. I like participating in things that are really outside my scope of experience. Things that I really have no business touching. But here is my current limerick on paper. Once I was finished, I realized 'gosh Thomas, kinda gloomy.' I figure my subconscious must have been leaning on the side of annoyed with a certain gender.

-------------------------

Idyllic and warm the woman’s womb
Burst patina of the brackish room
Clamber, stand, agile feet
Garrulous girls make you neat
Then drag male retinue to their doom

-------------------------

You'll notice I used all 7 words, so I really must have been focusing on my grind.

What do you think?

By the way, I leaped over Feb. 29th in retaliation.

No comments: