Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

KEYS


Where are your keys?
*
I was too irritated to blog about this last night, that's why you got the humorous "Dancing Thomas" post. THAT at least made me giggle.
*
*
I drove my car to Patrick Kia (fast becoming not a fan of theirs) to have it inspected and a list of other items. I was told the car would be ready that day. I handed over my keys and got a ride to work from the Bill. THE SLOWEST man on 4 tires. He knows that I don't like his driving because he has asked me during past rides. And in true Thomas form, I told him "no, you drive too slow and I need to get on with my life - just drive." So at the time it was 7:45 am on the east end of Richmond about 15 miles from work. He had two others to drop off, who conveniently (as always) are dropped off before me. I got to work at 8:45. Yes indeed, it took an entire hour to drive 15 miles. That is how my day started and it just proceeded to get frantically worse from that point on.
*
Tuesday was just 2 Mondays in disguise. Filled with urgent - do now - requests that had no importance to my work, but I knew how to take care of the issues. Just about every complainant from my past came out of the woodwork and called me or emailed me. *side note: Aki in Australia, thank you for not calling me because I know you are so wonderfully doing well now!!*
*
I received a call from Patrick Kia at 3:30, right in the middle of a huge work mess. They called to advise that my car would not be ready until tomorrow/Wednesday (and I picked it up today at 4:oo pm). It seems that they needed to order the tires that I had told them to order on MONDAY before my appointment. Nice work fellas! But the car would surely be ready by noon on Wednesday. *you did catch when the car was actually ready right?*
*
So hell day ends and I've gotten a ride home from "Sheena - Queen of the Jungle." Just as I'm about to close her mini-van door, it hits me that I don't have my house key. Well I let her get on with her life because she has a family and Patsy/neighbor is on her porch and I can see she has her cordless phone in tow. She allows me to use her phone to call the ONE (and this will now change) person that has my spare house key. He lives 12 miles to the west of my house. Like clockwork, Wayne is always home around 5:30 pm. Remember in a prior post how I told you about "Murphy?" Fast Forward to 9:15 pm. Wayne finally answers his phone. Seems Tuesday night was his regularly scheduled housing association meeting that ends at 7:00 pm. *did you catch that?* But on this non-full moon Tuesday, the meeting lasted until 9:00 pm.
*
Rewind: from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm I stood on my porch waiting for friend Wayne to arrive. Oh did I mention it was a torrential downpour during this time frame? Oh and did I mention I left the house at 7:00 am and my dog was inside? Well, friend Wayne got to my house at 10:10 pm.
*
I was not a happy camper. But I felt worse that my buddy Wayne didn't get home until much later and I was in my house sitting on my chair in a t-shirt and boxers, nice and comfy. Big thank you to friend Wayne for saving me. Even if it was 4 hours late. Love ya buddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was like a triple decker Monday right in the middle of the week. Bummer, dude. Hope you and the pooch have recovered.