Thursday, July 31, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
- I didn't sleep well last night putting me in a mood of 'tude.
- But one co-worker in particular was oddly quiet today.
- I was able to get work done without wanting to stab her.
- At lunch I saw my neighbors rather huge breasts fall out of her swim suit bra-top (what's it called?). *my eye, my eyes!*
- She fixed herself and chatted me up for 10 minutes.
- Solly dog was all excited to have me let him out to pee, and PEE he did.
- Had Wendy's for dinner - dude in front of me ordered for an army or frat house.
- Chatted with Hrymuslbear friend - he's fun.
- Chatted with Canzfan26 - Ice Fan mommy extraordinaire.
- Chatted with Jadielady - She really has something to blog about. Not sure she will tho.
- Chatted with IndigoOrion - she's a bit tipsy from burning dinner and will rest well.
- Watched Nashville Star (country American Idol) - Will never make that mistake again.
- Watching CSI Miami to laugh at the funny angles they cam David Caruso in, and because he's such a wonderfully horrible actor it's funny.
- Wonders how Aki/Australia is and if her solar panels are keeping her warm this winter?
- Also ponders, how many days until autumn? But too lazy to count.
- I did design-a-doodle at cheezdoodles.com
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Approaching the Court House, it’s a bit different than when I last saw it. It has a more modern revitalized look about it. The building is not what concerns me. What’s under the building is. I hope it still resides there. Far underneath, even further underneath than most current townspeople can recall. The manhole cover nearby is my goal, and I loath to go there. There’s still little traffic this early, but the sun has already risen on this winter/summer morning. The manhole releases quite easily. Either humans have been accessing the tunnels recently or this entrance has been used by them very recently or quite often. I slip into the hole in the ground and pull the cover over. Thankfully it’s not a sewage pipeline or the smell would be worse. It’s a pipe that leads to a maintenance shaft for several different pipelines. This one eventually leads to the river, though I’m not heading in that direction. I’m heading north on the pipeline to where Court Street and Main Street converge to become Rivermont Avenue. At that nexus I will find the entrance marker that only a few have a key. But first I need to find the angled pipeline that takes me to the nexus. And that means I need to drop down into the mucky water, get filthy and feel my way along the slimy walls, praying that I don’t run into any of god’s creatures along the way. *I’m getting very tired of being wet.*
My fingers slide over the algae covered walls until I find the opening. Pulling myself inside, I raise up out of the water for my first breath of non-fresh air in about 5 minutes. The first of the symbols is at eye level. It’s the same as the one on my hand. It resembles an hourglass turned on its side. Sort of ironic, because I’m off to find those that most of time has forgotten. Able to travel faster, I soon reach the nexus and begin searching for the rune symbol. It is not in plane sight so that humans would not persist on its importance. As I recall, I must look under to find what resides underneath. With my hand palm-up underneath the water level, trying to find a place to insert my hand. I find an opening about the size of a shoebox and put my hand inside. Yes, the familiar jelly that surrounds my hand and begins to feel warm. The device reads my rune of transformation, then releases. As I’m preparing for the next…
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
- Friends that make plans to get together and don't show. Thanks for letting me hang, I needed the rest.
- Cancer taking Tony Snow, much too early in life.
- People that throw trash into my yard. Why? I have a perfectly good trash can on the side of the house not 10 feet from where you dropped it.
- The ugly transsexual prostitutes are back. As opposed to the pretty one's I suppose. bleck.
- My neighbor self-painted her house a wonderful shade of vomit yellow. Nice! I much preferred the lighter version of puke yellow.
- My government stimulus check arrived today. The teller asked me what I would spend it on. "None of your business, you nosey son of a bitch!" I'm so mean some times.
- I handed the gas station clerk $40 and ask for $35 in gas on pump #6. She asked me "Why not the entire $40 honey?" Oh dear... "Sweetie listen, when I need you to spend my money, I'll let you know!"
- A co-worker asked me if I had missed her being absent. Why do people ask me questions, to which I'm going to give an honest answer? ..."No!"
- And, just so you know that I can hold my tongue... a rather handsome fellow touched me today in a nice hello patting sort of way. While I wanted to tell him to do that again... I didn't because I was at work... and don't think that didn't annoy me either.
- How was your Monday?
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Today is my mother’s day. I was her miracle birth. She died that day, but was brought back by the giants of our land. I was a different story. I was saved by the giants, but I was blessed by The Seelie Court and lived. I was branded with the La Guz a rune of water and life. My lifespan is unknown, but I have seen many empires live and die. I have not visually aged in many centuries. Mother named me Declan, after my father’s brother. The Seelie Court named me Shaol, meaning “life.” The Jötunheim, the giants named me Amharach, meaning “lucky.” Our family name is never shared, in an effort to avoid public scrutiny and drawing attention to our heritage.
I’m hungry. All I have is some jerky, so I pull some out to nosh on. But I flick my lighter and make a wish and blow out the fire. The jerky will tide me over till morning. I need to sleep and I’m not far off.
Within seconds I feel the pull of the full moon and the drag of the sleep. While my body rests, the moon tugs at my spirit. I am unaware, but The Seelie Court has slipped into my room to protect my body from harm. My spirit ascends higher and higher into the atmosphere, only to be blocked by the unearthly veil surrounding this horrid city. I feel a great hand wrap my astral form and I’m comforted. The firm grip tears me from the barrier. I am cold again, it is winter – my true birthday. The day my visions are at their peak, where my mind meets my ancestors for guidance. In this form, I understand completely what I am told. When I return, it will be a different story. They know this of course, but they do their best to implant in my spiritual memory the important imprints that will show me what I need to know. Women are much better conduits for dream interpretation. Maybe one day I will obtain the brand of dream analysis, if there is such a thing. But for now, I absorb all that I can.
The last thing I hear, is my paternal grandmother’s plea to “Feel the pain Shaol. Feel it within you and stomp it out with your foot! Feel the pain Declan, Stomp it out with your foot!”
The hand grips me and I descend with great speed through the cold icy air and punch through the barrier. I quickly return to my body and wake with a gasping breath. The Seelie Court, I see them depart, all cheering over a successful watch. As I sit up, I notice one straggler. D’Sidhe, a very ancient member of the Court.
*Shaol, I beg of you. Save my Jad’hia. She has been turned by the Leanansidhe. My sister cousins, they bring only death and have captured and made my precious daughter one of them. The Seelie Court can alter her vampiric ways, but you must find her first. My strength is waning and I have not the energy to fight the evil here.*
“D’Sidhe, I will do as you command.”
With that, the old nymph departs. It’s 6:00am, the day after my birthday, and I don’t feel rested at all. What do I remember… nothing.
*Feel the pain*
Thursday, July 10, 2008
To be clear, neither is considered an epidemic. They are referred to as 'Outbreaks.' I'm not a medical professional. But I have to admit that I was rather stymied at the term 'Outbreak.' So I pondered the thought, and asked myself what is an outbreak. By googling: An outbreak is defined as more cases of disease in time or place than expected. If the condition is rare (i.e. food borne botulism) or has serious public health implications (i.e. bio terrorism agent), an outbreak may involve only one case. ONE CASE???
A food borne outbreak is defined as two or more cases of a similar illness after ingestion of a common food or beverage or ingestion of food or beverages at a common meal or event. The definition of a laboratory-confirmed food borne outbreak depends on the pathogen but usually requires two or more cases with the same laboratory diagnosis. TWO or more???
An epidemic is defined by an illness or health-related issue that is showing up in more cases than would be normally expected. A pandemic is normally used to indicate a far higher number of people affected than an epidemic, and a refers to a much larger region affected.
The July 2008 est. United States population is 301,139,947.
- Tomato - that's 0.0000531% of the population (160 cases/301,139,947)
- Measles - that's 0.0000408% of the population (123 cases/301,139,947)
- Tomato - that's 0.0019384% of the population (160 cases/8,254,315)
- Measles - that's 0.0014901% of the population (123 cases/8,254,315)
Those are such tiny numbers. How can either combination be considered an OUTBREAK? Is it just me? Stay healthy! Wash your veggies and get your booster shots. I got my MMR booster in December. I need to get my Chicken Pox booster soon. I've nevah evah had the chicken pox!!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
It appears that whale hearts are more sophisticated than our own at being able to send pulse signals through fibers/wires around their hearts to keep it pumping. Read the article.
Could this put an end to the pacemaker, a multi-billion dollar business? I'm sure there will be plenty of self-interested groups looking to put a stop to all this scientific advancement. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share. I thought maybe someone out there might like to know they plan to put a sea cucumber inside of you... hee hee.
"double dumb-ass on you"
Sunday, July 6, 2008
It occurred to me about half way up, that soft dirt or not, I didn’t have a shovel to make the job easier. It was night and everyone was home, lights ablaze. It wouldn’t be so easy to break into someone’s shed and steal one. The rain was getting harder. I think there’s more water flowing now than oxygen in the air. No matter. Step after labored step, I dig my boots into the pavement and head further up. Memorial Avenue, I have one more block; the cemetery exit is at 4th street. I buried the rib close to the exit so that I could get out of there as quickly as I could.
Cemeteries are sacred ground and I was about to exercise bad judgment. Folks giggle at the thought of graveyards being haunted. Until they meet up with the evils that lay in wait. At this point all I could hear was my heartbeat and breathing and the rushing water passing down toward the bottom of the hill. I was close to the narrow opening of the cemetery that allowed one car to pass through. I stood in the middle of 4th Street. I stood there for probably 30 seconds, but that was time enough for my mind to travel back to the day I buried Lorenzo’s rib into a shallow grave. *at least I had enough foresight to bury it close to the exit and not far underground.* I also knew that any ghoul inside, was relegated to that terrain, never to step beyond the sacred walls. So… In… and Out… it will be.
5 more steps. 4 --- 3 ------- 2 ------ …ugh 1.
*Declaaaaaannnnn, come on in. The coast is clear for now. I know what you're up to and I can help you.*
Shivers are going all down my spine. Not what I need right now. Fireflies in a graveyard are not a good sign. They only draw attention with all that glowing and fluttering sexual tension they convey. But that eerie little voice is familiar. And once I shake off the chill crawling down my back, I gather my thoughts and whisper *Jenii* under my breath. And as I did that, my breath exhaled cold air. Now that just freaks me out more. That had better be Jenii.
*Yes Declaaaaannn, I’ve been sent by Valniria to assist you.*
“Jenii, thank Eritocritos it’s you. And why must you always make an entrance floating on an elm leaf? You can fly with your own wings. You’ve got to be the laziest wood nymph on earth. …I graciously accept your offering of assistance. But how can you, so tiny, help me in this rain?”
*You need not dig for what you seek, Declaaaaaannn. The wolf Hati and the warrior Valniria have already provided. The object you seek is resting atop the brick column you passed as you entered.*
“Jenii, how may I thank you?”
*Upon completion of your task, but a kiss will do… if you survive. And I fear not*
“Jenii – your kind named me. You know what I am capable of…”
*We do, we know. And that is why you must succeed. You are already needed in the north – to where I must now flee. I leave you with your next task, to save the sparkling waters of the Algonquin*
*Jenii, let me do this task first. Then I will help you soon.*
Walking toward the brick column exit of the cemetery, I laugh aloud. I am all alone, yet I have many to watch over me. With that, I trip over an old truck that I could not see in the darkness ahead of me. As I pick it up, I see that it is red but fading and has a handle on it that a child would use to pull it along. Who would leave that there? I grab the rib, wrapped in cloth and proceed out from the cemetery onto 4th street. “Thank goodness that was uneventful!” *It’s time to get some rest, Happy Birthday Declan. For your birthday you received one rib of a dead friend. What could be better?*
As Declan walked away from the graveyard, he did not notice the apparition of a small male child with tears in his eyes waving to him, pulling his red truck along behind him.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
I had to edit it a bit from the Html provided by the site. It seemed to want to make it REALLY huge on my blog-post. So I tapped into Doom's mind and dumbed it down a bit.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
"In Brightest Day" Golly I'm Stoked!!!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Friendly Blog Sites
- Ad Nauseum
- Being Normal
- Bob Mitchell in the 21st Century
- Captain Obvious
- I Am Bossy
- Idle Eyes and a Dormy: BreenLantern
- Indigo Orion
- Just a dude talking about life
- Lifes Colorful Brushstrokes
- My New Life
- Rambling along... Stern view
- Sports Nut In Dallas
- That's So Gay
- The Lewis Show
Richmond VA Local Fun Plan
- Richmond International Raceway
- Gateway to Metro Richmond
- Richmond Visitor Center
- Birthday Blooper
- Declan - Tempest spins
- Hellboy 2
- I'm Boycotting
- Hung Like a Horse
- Thank you, Come again!
- Stretch Armstrong
- Pinky and the Brain
- What's in a Kiss
- Declan - pt. 9
- Lazy Saturday
- Mega Millions
- Birthday Boy
- 1970's Embarrassing Moment
- People Please!!
- Declan - pt. 8
- Sleep Monster
- Second-Hand Smoke
- Admiral, There Be Whales Here
- Declan - pt. 7
- My Dark Side
- 4th of July Weekend
- Green Lantern Fully Charged
- The Devil Inside
- Closet Chitty's
- ▼ July (30)
- Richmond, Virginia, United States
- 42 year old white guy living in the City of Richmond Virginia. Bachelor's in Music, but I don't do a durn thing with it anymore. Love my job (not tellin till I know ya better). I am 85% positive minded but I do have a 5% negative and 10% evil side. Try to stay on the plus side, you'll like me a whole lot better. If not you'll likely loose me forever. I may be 42, but I have a 10 year old imagination peppered with sarcasm. You will eventually meet my inner cynic, ...just warning you now. And out in public, don't make me mad, because I will show out.