Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bleck



I told you about Murphy a few blogs ago. I suppose I jinx'd myself just before my vacation. Getting sick mid-way through a vacation just plain sucks. It was just a head cold at first, but it ballooned into the Strep Throat and Bronchitis deal on my 13 hour drive back. I hardly remember the drive because I spent more time coughing, sneezing, wheezing and having to stop to bio-break all the time. A week and a half later, I am now feeling better with just a hint of congestion still to move on out of my lungs. I slept most of this weekend.
-
Vacation that I did have was nice and relaxing. I was able to spend some quality time with my folks. I visited my Grandfather in the nursing home. That's where I sorta think I caught my cold, but I can't be sure. When I visit my grandfather, I try to see him each day I am home and I was able to do that this go-round. My last visit with him was hard of course, because I always feel like it will be my last time I ever get to see him. He's frail, tired and wants to 'go home.' And truthfully I want that for him. But I am grateful that I get to see him each time. I will be home to see the family this coming Christmas. I asked Gramps if he'll be around then. He said that he plans to check out by then. Sad, but it made me chuckle. Mom made me all my favorite eats, and my aunt made me her homemade lasagna. I ate well and did have a good time. I also was able to visit my friend's Adam and Mary from College days. The have to energetic daughters, to put it mildly.
-
I got back to work this past Thursday and struggled through the last two days of the week. I should be good to go this week.

No comments: