Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Somewhere more familiar



Yes, today was a better day. I did as I planned. At 7:30am in the morning I put in Sister Hazel's "...somewhere more familiar," rolled down my windows on a chilly Spring morning and turned up the volume. Cruised through my neighborhood and got on the highway and turned up the volume a bit more. I did in fact listen to "Happy" three times before I rolled into the work parking deck and didn't have time to listen to "Starfish." But that's okay, because I was content to have woken up to blasting music while the rest of Richmond was trying to get their personal engines rolling on assorted caffeine concoctions.
-
Our team meeting was fairly brief because we were down one overly chatty "person." And we were able to get on with business. Unusual was my 1:1 with my boss today. Usually our monthly meeting is all of 5 minutes. Today, it was an entire 1/2 hour long. We did discuss a bit of work, but mostly it was just banter. I'm low-maintenance like that. Wish we all were, it would make things go much smoother. My desk was wonderfully messy all day, just the way I like it to tick off my lady colleagues. And it was promptly neat when I left.
-
I got home and rubbed the mutt. I did a little of this and that. And I popped in my NetFlix movie. I watched "Ice Age - The Melt Down" tonight. I particularly enjoyed Sid's Fire-King Dance sequence. The movie made me smile. Amidst all that excitement I was able to unblock a friend of mine on AOL that I had accidentally refused an IM from, because her on-screen name made me think I was getting a spam instant message for a sex-kitten. Not to mention being happy that I can write a blog that is more upbeat. So I won't drag you down by telling you how disappointed I was at 6am that I didn't win Mega-Millions. Because I could.

1 comment:

JOEY said...

Congrats on having a better day. I loved the first "Ice Age" movie so I will have to check this one out.