Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Bad

Have you ever burped and farted at the same time. It's sort of funny and embarrassing when that happens. You may also feel guilty and horrified. Well in a week where I am trying to get folks to share some fun and happiness; I fell flat on my face and got up with two black eyes. All before 8:30am this morning. I'm a bad friend.

I sent an email that I rather liked to a bunch of friends. I didn't take into consideration whether or not they might like or dislike the email. One friend, and possibly more - I don't know; took offense to the message of the email (burped). To add insult to injury, I sent an email to apologize because I truly had not meant to offend this person, but I did and I should have known better because I know how this person feels about the topic of the email. But I missed the connection. Not just with this person but with the message of the email. My apology was shallow as I attempted a brief explanation of my interpretation of the email. I believe I added salt to the wound, and well... that's when I... (farted). My interpretation aside: while I realized by gaff, I reared by hind-end at the same time to show my insensitive and socio-centric vantage point that truly denied him of his valid belief system in this diverse world.

Sean, I very much apologize for offending you. I understand that you know I meant no malice and I do appreciate YOU. I'm sorry and I will strive to be more thoughtful. Feel free to keep me in check!

And now I humbly offer the most awesome SMILE of the day. I received a Direct email from the President of the company I work for, today. I have been hand-holding *to the extreme* a very needy (even he agrees) customer that is stressing over the economy. Truth be known, I have probably spent 40 hours on the telephone with him since the beginning of October. He called the President because I had put a smile on his face. Well shucks, his calling the President which lead to a major kudo for me - put a pretty big SMILE on my face, today. You're welcome Mr. J, and thank you too.

5 comments:

Breenlantern said...

And you have put a big smile on my face. Thanks for understanding. It means a lot...truly. The wound has healed with no scar!

Now, about the fart and burp analogies....

*snicker*

Dana said...

Thomas, found something! If you would, e-mail me at clansoltanATaolDOTcom.

JOEY said...

Your email has enlightened this spiritual but non religious person. Thanks for sending it.

Michael said...

Hmmmm...intriguing. I am curious...

Unknown said...

I checked my CO e-mail...it all makes sense now.