Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Monday, November 3, 2008

My Gay Vote

A few people have asked me how I'm voting, considering the fact that I'm gay. One is fairly disappointed in my selection or preference toward McCain. I will be voting for McCain. While the gay issue is "important" to me; it is not entirely what I am about. I am a sum of all of my parts. Being gay is only one facet. And I live a pretty decent life. Maybe if I had a partner that I wanted to marry, I might feel differently. But just because it's an issue for you, does not make it a must-have concern for me. Take Gun Control. If the right to bear arms were taken away from me - I would not be happy about it, but I could live a decent life without it. Fully aware that just because I can't bear arms, doesn't mean I won't own one. While I can't legally marry in the State of Virginia - I can still carry my gay-ness with me, fully aware of who I am and what I have inside. I know where I stand with McCain/Palin on this issue. I don't trust Obama/Biden on this issue. Obama has said, "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman." While he supports civil unions and having the decision of such be made by individual states; I'm not satisfied with that stand. Gay Marriage needs to be a Supreme Court decision of equal rights, making it mandatory for all states to follow. On this issue, among others, he is hiding. I don't care for that in my President. No more than I cared for Clinton waving his finger at me saying "I did not have sex with that woman" or "It depends on what your definition of "is", is". No I will not give my vote to a person that talks pretty, says nothing, and will deliver less, and who knows what else. Nope, can't do it. I will proudly walk with my gay-penis in my pants to the voting polls and vote McCain and say "F**k Yeah!" (and whistle a little tune for Bob).

1 comment:

Michael said...

I'm breaking out the box wine ;)