Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Mind

My last post seems to have struck a chord or a nerve with a number of folks. One person stated their thoughts on the blog, but others chose to email me. It appears that you are having difficulty with my additional comments. So without getting into a lot of philosophy I'll try to clarify a bit:




To the following, I said:

I responded "sort of" to; I see life as precious, and I wish everyone was safe, happy, and taken care of. I do see life as precious. I want people to be safe and happy. But I want that to be at their expense and effort. I want them to be taken care of by their loved one's and friends. Not by me. If you are my loved one and friend, I will help you. If I don't know you, you're on your own.

I responded "umm, not really" to; Social justice, human rights, and peace for all nations are all important to me. I tend to believe that we are striving for an impossible utopia at the expense of common sense. I do not believe in Social Justice. I DO believe in human rights. I do not believe at all in "peace for all nations"; that is an impossible agenda to presume with our current global hatreds and differences. And, Peace for individual nations needs to begin in their own homelands at their own people's expense. But, if our government deems it necessary to involve our Country int he dealings of another country; then we are obligated to see it through to the end.

I responded "or as much as I want to be" to; While I can't stop war, I try to be as calm and compassionate as possible in my everyday life. I don't get all hysterical about war. I have no control over what our government decides to do. I can write letters to our representatives and the like, which I do, but I don't believe they carry much weight to sway the decisions of the political elite. I focus my energies on smaller more manageable issues that I can have an impact upon.

And, I responded "oh, that largely depends on the "something" now doesn't it?" to; I promote harmony and cooperation. I'm always willing to meet someone a little more than halfway. It really does depend on the topic. I can be quite agreeable on certain topics, and stubbornly obstinate on other issues. Can't we all? We don't grow and develop if we are continuously passive.

So, if any of you want to write a book with me, be prepared to argue a bit. Otherwise, it will be one boring book. And if you plan to sleep with me, I'll demand my share of the covers, if the covers ever get used.

No comments: