Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blackjack II

Think back to August and the Olympics. Samsung had a Medal Mania contest. They hid gold medals around the internet and you had to find them. I was hoping to win the $100,000.00 Grand Prize, but that seems to have eluded me. But I did win this cell phone: The Samsung Blackjack II.
*
Now that I have it I don't know what to do with it.
*
I'm sure you just raised an eyebrow or something akin to that. Let me help you understand. Before I received this, I did not have a cell-phone. Well that's a 1/2 lie. I do have a pay-as-you-go Virgin "whatever" phone that I keep in my car and hardly ever use. I tend to be a land-line guy that writes letters to family and friends (well mostly family). The car-phone is more there for emergencies and has mega-minutes on it. It's a comfort item for those "I'm in a pickle" moments. Kind of like the time I was shot at on I-64 (window got blown out) and needed the Virginia State Police to come.
*
It's not something I really need. A cell phone was not an item I was jones'n to have. I'm not a gadget guru. The novelty of it is nice and fun to think about. I could sell it, but I don't really know what kind of price to put on it. Not having bought a cell phone before, just reading on the internet I see all sorts of combinations of phone and plan. The phone alone seems to be worth about $300.00 and I admit the plans just confuse me. Maybe that's because I just don't have the patience at the moment to want to think about it. Heck it took 10 weeks to get to me, I figure I can take a few more to figure out what I want to do with it.
*
Durn, why couldn't I have won Jason Lezak? Now him, I could work.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Um, yeah, sign me up for a Jason Lezak :)

I didn't have a cell phone the year I lived in Germany. I never missed it. Although now I'm contemplating upgrading to a Blackberry...this could get dangerous.

Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Play Free online Arcade games and wincash