Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stretch Armstrong

I went looking for a picture of Stretch Armstrong for a reason and happened upon this one that just made me giggle. There was a better one to use, but the dork in me decided to go for the easy humor.
*
I had to run a few errands after work and you know what happens when I'm out running my errands. But not this time. Someone else beat me to it in a much different way. Ask anyone at work and my alter-ego strives to be super positive. I'm often the first to say "Hello, how are you?" and mean it. I'll chat up perfect strangers in the elevator and leave them bewildered, wondering who that oddly friendly person was.
*
My 2nd to last errand took me to the Grub Kitty (Food Lion grocery store for those that don't know what a Grub Kitty is). I was in the store for about 20 minutes. From the moment I walked in there I noticed HER. She was skinny, just bone thin and by-golly she had to be every bit of 7 feet tall. I thought to myself, this has got to be what the female 'stretch armstrong' looks like. She had blond hair and was wearing baby blue shorts and a t-shirt and just totally looked the part. I snickered to myself. She beat me to it and said "hello" first. Looking straight up, I said "hello" back. I continued on my merry way to get some items that I didn't need and some doggie treats. I noticed her many times, and she was always saying hello to everyone who was walking near her. Her smile was just wide open and beaming. What a ray of sunshine she was in that gloomy store. She wasn't working there either. I had thought that at first. But she had one of those hand-held baskets and was gathering her supplies as she spread Christmas in July through the monotonous isles.
*
Very Nice job 'Stretch Angela.'

1 comment:

idiotboy said...

Okay.. First.. lulz... second... ouch!! :)