Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Crackle - Zap!



Yeah for new windows this year. But it has brought about a rather unpleasant change to the home dynamics. As you can imagine the draftiness of the house is nothing like it used to be, but I do need to work on the basement areas. Since the house is sealed up much better, the dryness stays in. And that has lead to the constant battle with the crackles and pops of static. It's all over the house, my couch, the bed, towels, the poor dog. It's in my clothes and follows me to work. I've been putting large bowls of water on my radiators to help with evaporation. It's amazing how fast that water disappears into thin air. I must not be the only one suffering. I went to the grub kitty and was looking for Static Guard and couldn't find any. The store manager said some little old lady came in and bought all they had. So I went to another grub kitty and got the last few cans; 2 for home and 2 for work. It has a fresh scent that is not so pleasant to my nose. I can't stand scented stuff. It irritates the hell out of me to get into an elevator after several women have been in it spewing their "beautiful" perfume all over the place; but that's another blog topic altogether. It's taken a few weeks to get the crackle to move on, but this morning it was back with a vengeance. Just call me the Static Guard Cowboy. I'll be hunting down a humidifier this weekend. Yeah, 2007 Bonus' are in!!! Gone.

1 comment:

Jadielady said...

Bonus? We're getting our bonus?! *happy dance*