Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Java Joe


I don't drink coffee. But I love the smell of coffee. You brew it and I'll sniff it. Many have tried to get me to consume the rich swill of "bleck" but I just find it disgusting. In my life, coffee was more a drink for men, black - no sugar or cream. Some women in my life drank it with cream or milk and sugar. My nanny used to drink milk with about a tablespoon of coffee and we called it Granny coffee. Now that I'm a full fledged adult with a few years on me I have begun to notice more women drinking coffee. Insisting that it's the only way they can wake up in the morning. Sure, there were women drinking coffee when I was young, but it just seems as though more women now drink coffee. More blending of the gender roles.
-
Which brings me more to the point of this blog. When I was growing up, the men in my life were masculine manly men. Never were they ruled by their emotions. There emotions were often at the bottom of the list of concerns. At this point in my life I find more men that are "getting in touch with their feminine side." This notion I believe is bullshit, but I like to poke fun just like anyone else. I think men are just learning to be more in touch with their compassionate side. There's no real need for us to act like neandrathals anymore. Relationships are important. Bonding with other humans challenges us to see parts of ourselves that we often ignore or didn't know existed. No more of Tim Allen's "Ohf Ohf Ohf," and more caring for ourselves and each other. I think this is a good thing. I believe it will help us better relate to people. And at times guys, if you're being whiney, bitchy and stupidly annoying... I'll pick at you for acting like a woman.
-
This one's for you, Java Joe. Drink up!

No comments: