Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pretty Flowers



Today is February 27th. We are still in the middle of winter here in Richmond Virginia. My Purple Bearded Iris' are trying to make their mark on 2008, about 2 months too soon. The winter has been fairly mild and plenty more cold days are upon us. I am a bit worried that the pending cold snap(s) is/are going to ruin these beauties this year. We'll just have to see what Mother has in store.
-
My father's family is originally from Greenwood, South Carolina. Home of The Park Seed Company. Since there is an emotional attachment to that area, I tend to buy my plants from there or another site. But today, I support Park Seed, and I thought I might suggest that you do as well. Take a looksie inside.
-
I'm preparing to plant some seeds in my basement that I will transplant out into my yard this year. I'm trying to get back into touch with my inner gardner. I'll keep you posted as things progress. Who wants to challenge me to a mini garden-off?

No comments: