Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bluejay



The site of my lawn was simply disturbing. We've had a wet April this year. The grass has grown fast and the weeds even faster. I think dandelions are pretty. I suppose that is a good thing because my neighbors seem not to care to try and kill any. I'm unfortunately in the wind-path of the whiteheads. Try as I might, I'm doomed to have my fair share of the yellow beauties. So, it was about 55 degrees last night and I had a sunny and dry chance to get to mowing. I did just that wearing sweatpants, sweatshirt and a turtleneck. Now that I would like a picture of, because I don't think I've ever been so bundled up to mow the yard.
-
Fire up the mower! Swoop! - Swoop! - Swoop! *what on earth?*
-
A Blue jay was dive-bombing me. At first I thought he/she was protecting something, so I was looking for where it was flying off to, but it stayed close by. Continue mowing and it continued it's onslaught, but in an odd playful manner. Now, I don't have a small yard. It usually takes me 1.5 hours to mow. And last night I was feeling nice and did the front yards of two of my neighbors. Mostly so the lawns wouldn't look jagged and because I'm a nice guy and well to be honest, I'm obsessive like that. The blue jay was with me the entire time. Started in the back, to the side, to the front. The bird was with me the entire time. It even rested in the spots I had mowed and sat there looking at me as if to say "why ya doin' that mister!" When the noise of the mowing ended, the blue jay flew off. Then took one last swoop in at me and bopped the top of my head and bounced upward. That was a fun mowing experience. I hope he comes back to play.

1 comment:

JOEY said...

Wow. That's one outgoing bird. Sorry I missed the seatpants/sweatshirt/turtle neck combo.