Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Saturday, May 3, 2008

How Do?

If I were to pick one genre of music that I most prefer, I would have to choose Country. I have my parents to thank for that and Hee Haw. Growing up there were certain shows that we "had" to watch; The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, News, and Hee Haw. Oh, and the Lawrence Welk show, but I'll spare you that wonderful bit of trauma. Among my favorites in the cast were: Buck Owens - Roy Clark - Grandpa Jones - Minnie Pearl - Barbi Benton - LuLu Roman - and the Hager Twins (Jim and Jon)

The funny sketches I most recall had these little ditties:

"Where, oh where, are you tonight?
Why did you leave me here all alone?
I searched the world over, and I thought I'd found true love,
Then you met another, and PFFFT! You was gone!"

"Gloom, despair and agony on me-e!
Deep dark depression, excessive misery-y!
If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!
Gloom, despair and agony on me-e-e!"

"Now, we're not ones to go 'round spreadin' rumors,
Why, really we're just not the gossipy kind,
No, you'll never hear one of us repeating gossip,
So you'd better be sure and listen close the first time!"

Jim Hager died May 1st at the age of 66. He and his brother Jon did a slapstick musical comedy sketch that always made me giggle. I want to get the Hee Haw dvd set and I would imagine as more of these fun folks pass-on special individual collector sets will be made. Thanks for the memories Jim, ...welcome home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used to sing that song all the time... lordy, I am old...