Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Speechless



As you can see, I am feeling MUCH better. I still have a bit of the yukkies and woke up with a whisper of a voice. That lasted a better part of the day. Some words would pop out, others were just a lot of air. Some words had a high pitched quality to them. It was sort of fun to see if people could understand me.
-
I actually should have stayed home today as well. But after the police patrol was called upon me to make sure I was okay, I figured I tough it up and go in. See - one of the ladies at work is married to a Police Officer. Since two of my team members had not received the word that I was still out sick, they felt it was necessary to make sure that I hadn't died, been murdered, what have you. So she sent her man-officer to check on me. He was nice about it. Dare I say, he came over with a look on his face similar to *I can't believe I'm really doing this, the guy is just sick*. But I will chalk it up to womanly concern in a friendly, gentle, caring and smothering "What the FUCK" way. Oh pardon me, I think I may have shed some light on how I really feel about that situation.
-
Ya know, it's actions like that which make me distrustful. Don't get me wrong. I really want to believe that their better intentions were truly at work. And it is quite possible that it was pure compassion. But I grew up with Mrs. Kravitz, and I feel like I know better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aww now... they were just concerned for your safety... tee hee... glad you are feeling better...