Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Monday, May 26, 2008

Iron Man

I'm not a movie critic - Just go see Iron Man!
***
I had my doubts when Robert Downey, Jr. was cast for the role. He just didn't come off as "hero" material to me. Nice to look at maybe, but no hero. But, I got to thinking that he probably was a decent choice because of his high profile bad-boy image. His acting in the movie is fluid. Gwyneth Paltrow's acting is commandingly comfortable; not meek as I had imagined. Not too much the fan of Terrence Howard, I actually did like him and found him believable. Now, Jeff Bridges, well he always comes across as Star Man to me in whatever he plays. That lower lip quivering thing he does is annoyingly distracting. Stan Lee's cameo was hilarious and caught me off guard.
-
The movie kept me interested at all times. While I did see right through one effort of the movie, I still kept looking for flaws or inconsistencies and creative license. The Iron Man suit was wonderfully designed and flows like real body movement. I had thought it was going to look clunky, sort of like how the first Hulk movie appeared to resemble digitized clay-mation. But this movie very much came ALIVE.
-
In reflection - I think I critiqued quite well without giving you any details.
-
Watch through the end of the credits.

No comments: