Mighty Mouse GL

Mighty Mouse GL
Avatar

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wyclef Jean's "Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill)"



This song now ranks, in my opinion, as one of the most annoying songs in my lifetime. First on the list is the incessant Beatles song "I want to hold your hand," and second place goes to the Destiny's Child "Say my name."
-
Wyclef Jean's "Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill)," was fine for the first run of the song. The second time I heard it I got into the lyrics. The third time, the meaning of the lyrics hit me. The irony of the song is the fun dance effect set to a fairly depressing portrayal of life and the heartbreaking turn of events of a young woman. Sorry, not sure I need that in my entertainment.
-
If you know me, you know that - even given all the media hype about Michael Jackson, I am a fan. I will not change my mind on that but I may have to amend my thinking about his song titled "Money." This is distressing to me, because I love that song. I will have to meditate and ponder my dilemma. Pray for me.

No comments: